Ivan I. Mihailov litigates in the trial and appellate courts on behalf of business entities, institutions and individuals. Ivan has worked on disputes involving insurance coverage, various aspects of insurance insolvency, banking, financial products, trademark infringement, non-competition clauses, construction, and surety. Ivan is part of the firm’s eDiscovery team where he has led activities to identify, analyze, process, and produce eDiscovery information in commercial, intellectual property, and insurance insolvency litigation matters.
In the non-litigation arena, Ivan drafts contracts and related transaction documents in the areas of employment, business entity formation, corporate governance, and the purchase and sale of businesses.
A native of Bulgaria, Ivan is fluent in Bulgarian and has lived in the U.S. for the last 16 years. He is also proficient in reading and writing Russian.
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Supreme Court of New Jersey, Supreme Court of Georgia, Court of Appeals of Georgia, Superior Courts of Georgia, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Georgia.
- Emory University School of Law (Atlanta, GA), J.D. with Honors, 2009
- Inductee, Order of Barristers 2009
- Co-Director of Interschool Competitions, Moot Court Society, 2008-2009
- TI:GER Program (an interdisciplinary program connecting Law, MBA, and PhD students to help commercialize new technologies)
- Guilford College (Greensboro, NC), B.S. with High Honors, 2005